UGANDA FACT FILE
- CMS Africa’s engagement in Uganda began with the Mukono Anglican church diocese which was selected as a pilot area for the continuity of the wholistic community initiative – biogas project, which was very successful in Machakos, Kenya. More than 22 households benefitted. Mukono Diocese which is under its new bishop, James William Ssebaggala, owns a 430-acre piece of agricultural demonstration land and several buildings – a sign that the African church is beginning to realise and release resources for local and global mission. When the project will be complete, it is expected that many more households in Uganda, just like in Kenya, will benefit from this initiative.CMS Africa is working with partners; Transforming Nations Alliance (TNA), GVEP, Heifer International and FINCA-Uganda to deliver the biogas initiative to the church and the community.
- CMS-Africa has also conducted VISION Conferences in Uganda. VISION Conferences are one-week seminars adopted from our partner, Samaritan Strategy Africa (SSA), to help leaders of the church and of the community to think wholistic – to use local resources to transform their own lives and those of their church and community.
- Moses Engwau is the new CMS-Africa Mission Representative in Uganda. He is responsible for all the correspondences and planning and execution of VISION Conferences, Training and co-ordination of the Mukono biogas imitative.
- The goal of our engagements in Uganda is in line with CMS-Africa goal of ‘Renewing Mindsets, Transforming Communities.’
- CMS-Africa also engages with other champions in Uganda including Bishop Joel Obetia of Madi/West Nile Dioceses.
- Please support our ongoing activities in Uganda.
Calendar of Events
| ||1||2||3||4||5||6 |
|28||29||30||31|| || || |