Business As Mission (BAM)
This is an exciting movement of kingdom-minded business people whose emphasis is on transforming communities through business with an intention to make Jesus known, encountered and followed. BAM recognizes business is a calling.
Business as Mission
Business as Mission (BAM) is an exciting movement of kingdom minded business people whose emphasis is on transforming communities through business with an intention to make Jesus known, encountered and followed. BAM recognises that business is a calling, that business people are full time minister’s not just Mission supporters, and the market place a prime’s mission field. BAM also recognises business as an entry point to poverty eradication.
Quadruple bottom line
The quadruple bottom line of Business as Mission is what makes BAM distinct from other businesses. CMS-Africa has been developing the quadruple line business model which aims to start and develop business for the benefit of the whole communities and especially poor ones. BAM Africa is therefore pursuing this as a viable model for doing business in the 21st century. This quadruple bottom line has four components namely:
This involves starting sustainable and profitable business. BAM Businesses exist to generate wealth and profit as an end in itself.
The spiritual component aims to build on our biblical world in the work place.
This is the social enterprise which embodies the interest of communities and fair-trade in the business development. It aims at social transformation.
Stewardship of the environment as God’s gift to us means caring and nurturing it as part and parcel of the business development.
The real bottom line of Business as Mission is AMDG-Ad Maiorem Dei glorium- for the greater glory of God. The church is central to this as the living body of Christ in the world.
How we do it
· Envisioning and equipping the Church to affirm business and business people
· BAM network forums and conferences
· Capacity building-training of business people
· Exposure and awareness campaigns
· Facilitating business start ups
· Linking mature businesses with young business
You can do something
Pray for the movement
We call upon the church worldwide to identify, affirm, pray for, commission and release business people and entreneurs to exercise their gifts and calling as business people in the world-among all people and to the ends of the earth.
We call upon business people globally to receive this affirmation and to consider how the gifts and experience might be used to help meet the world’s most pressing spiritual and physicall needs through Business as Mission
· Do you want to start a business?
· Do you need help in growing your business?
· Do you want to make your business a kingdom business
· Do you want to start changing your community through job and wealth creation?
· Do you want to want to invest in mentoring, others to be kingdom business people?
· Are you a church seeking to transform your membership to do business that make a difference?
If your answer is yes! Come and be part of what God is doing through business to reach the world with His love and transforming power.